Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celebrations o’plenty for St. Patrick’s Day across NH - 0
- Greater Derry-Londonderry Chamber scholarship honors student who died in crash - 0
- New Hampshire Senior News Notes - 0
- John Harrigan: An old-fashioned winter, and the possums come on - 1
- Robert Randolph & The Family Band bring the funk to Plymouth - 0
- Governor Proclaims May 16-23 as Restaurant Week NH - 0
- 7th-grader's effort paves way for smoke-free beaches - 2
- Auburn native believes in faith and fashion - 0
- Forest Journal: Making the grade in the syrup biz - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
Nova Scotia ferry departs Singapore
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents