Home » News » War » Boston Marathon Bombing
Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Henry Winston Huard - 0
- 2 from NH complete Air Force training - 0
- Major-Remkus - 0
- Haylee Ann-Marie Patten - 0
- In the longest nights of the year, our birds are living on the edge - 0
- Inmates give back, making Christmas gifts - 0
- Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen - 0
- 50 years later, burgers and french fries still making McMemories - 0
- A new era for Nashua's police force - 1
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
Human intervention hobbling ice fishermen
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Henry Winston Huard
2 from NH complete Air Force training