Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tapping back in time Vaudeville-style troupe performs for southern NH seniors - 0
- Dave Anderson's Forest Journal: Relic, site reveal Native American history - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Chinook puppy tests the waters like a naughty teenager - 0
- Santa Shuffle, parade draw crowds to Manchester - 0
- John Harrigan: A Christmas gift list for the outdoor buff - 0
- Bedford girl who loved ballet loses cancer battle - 0
- Nashua hero up for Carnegie award - 0
- Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island - 0
- Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser - 0
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
What's open / what's closed on Thanksgiving
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement