Home » News » War » Boston Marathon Bombing
Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Pat Buchanan: What to make of Ferguson?