Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track - 0
- Stork Project labor of love for Hollis woman - 0
- Platinum Selling Rockers TRAPT Set To Release 'The Acoustic Collection' Sept. 23rd - 0
- Eight environments to explore this Fall by foot - 0
- Friends of Stark Park in Manchester honored for preservation work - 0
- Londonderry police and firefighters rise to fundraising challenge - 0
- ‘When to call 911,’ a topic of Nashua Seniors Count workshop - 0
- Bedford scientist a laser pioneer - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidlines: When the tide changes, stripers bite - 0
Rail rehab proposed for 42 miles of track
Riding the indoor surfing wave
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Judge slams spice search
Market Basket: On the brink again
NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass.
Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage?
'Chicken' arrested at Londonderry parade