Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Christmas Carol' a rite of passage for community theater world - 0
- Christmas chuckles served up at Queen City campus dining hall - 0
- Rex Fowler's Nutopians spotlight tunes by Beatles great John Lennon in Plymouth concert Friday - 0
- Palace Theatre celebrates holiday tradition with 'Christmas Carol' - 0
- Nutcracker comes to life in Boire Dance Academy's holiday production in Nashua - 0
- Holiday mayhem and magic ensues in a Nashua stage adventure - 0
- Musical siblings bring a Leahy Family Christmas to The Music Hall - 0
- Ghostly visits materialize in Lincoln play - 0
- Art Concord event Saturday opens doors to area galleries and artistic creations - 0
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans