Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Foliage
Work begins on dam repairs
The state’s Department of Environmental Services has signed off on the work, and the town is filing a reconstruction permit accompanied by a $3,000 fee, according to Public Works Director Mike Fowler.
“We have been in contact with a professional engineer with expertise in dam repair, and they have completed a preliminary design,” said Fowler.
“We will be proceeding as quickly as possible and hope we can stitch this up in the next week or so,” said Fowler.
“We’ll also be building a 12-inch wall on the front face of the dam to tie into that,” said Fowler. “We’ll be reinforcing the steel, and the ultimate fix for the hole under the dam will be a chemical grouting process to fill the voids by a concrete-type of material.”
Fowler said he expects the majority of the work to be completed by the end of next week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Longtime Goffstown resident remembered for his service - 0
- Great-granddaughter's effort gets late Colebrook chief on memorial - 0
- Souhegan Valley Chamber party will benefit Chaplain’s Emergency Relief Fund in Milford - 0
- New president named for memorial fund named after Greenland Chief Michael Maloney - 0
- Our Gourmet: A taste of Japan, just off Interstate 93 - 0
- Jim Beauregard's Tasting Notes: Two ciders worth raising in a toast - 0
- Former NH resident Aliy Zirkle takes second in Iditarod after losing lead - 0
- Building on Hope provides boost for Amherst nonprofit - 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
2014-2015 Wildlife Rule Hearings Set
Win tickets to see Craig Ferguson
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'