Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today
Southern Maine (37-7) won the Little East Conference tournament title and are the top seed in the tournament. Daniel Webster is seeded eighth.
Plymouth State University: Three members of the baseball team, senior outfielder Steve Beard, senior pitcher Rew Wilson and junior shortstop Brandon Cox of Nashua, were named to the All-Little East Conference second team for the Panthers.
Daniel Webster College: Michael Diffily, president of the college, announced Tuesday the appointment of Chris Gilmore as director of athletics. Gilmore spent 18 years as director of athletics at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Vt.
Gilmore is a graduate of Plymouth State University and later earned a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University.
Kyle Auffray, a tight end and punter for the University of New Hampshire from 2008-10, signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He participated in the Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp this past weekend on a tryout.
As a senior in 2010, Auffray had four receptions for 34 yards and scored his first career touchdown on a 12-yard catch against Towson in his final home game at Cowell Stadium on Nov. 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 1
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support