Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today
Southern Maine (37-7) won the Little East Conference tournament title and are the top seed in the tournament. Daniel Webster is seeded eighth.
Plymouth State University: Three members of the baseball team, senior outfielder Steve Beard, senior pitcher Rew Wilson and junior shortstop Brandon Cox of Nashua, were named to the All-Little East Conference second team for the Panthers.
Daniel Webster College: Michael Diffily, president of the college, announced Tuesday the appointment of Chris Gilmore as director of athletics. Gilmore spent 18 years as director of athletics at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Vt.
Gilmore is a graduate of Plymouth State University and later earned a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University.
Kyle Auffray, a tight end and punter for the University of New Hampshire from 2008-10, signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He participated in the Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp this past weekend on a tryout.
As a senior in 2010, Auffray had four receptions for 34 yards and scored his first career touchdown on a 12-yard catch against Towson in his final home game at Cowell Stadium on Nov. 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- New Ipswich cafeteria worker accused of inappropriate online contact with minor - 0
- Two Nashua men steal empty ATM - 0
- Peterborough man remains free, pending appeal, after conviction on child pornography offenses - 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 5
John DiStaso's Granite Status: NH Senate Majority Leader Bradley latest to endorse Boothby for Executive CouncilREADER COMMENTS: 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty