Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today
Southern Maine (37-7) won the Little East Conference tournament title and are the top seed in the tournament. Daniel Webster is seeded eighth.
Plymouth State University: Three members of the baseball team, senior outfielder Steve Beard, senior pitcher Rew Wilson and junior shortstop Brandon Cox of Nashua, were named to the All-Little East Conference second team for the Panthers.
Daniel Webster College: Michael Diffily, president of the college, announced Tuesday the appointment of Chris Gilmore as director of athletics. Gilmore spent 18 years as director of athletics at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Vt.
Gilmore is a graduate of Plymouth State University and later earned a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University.
Kyle Auffray, a tight end and punter for the University of New Hampshire from 2008-10, signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He participated in the Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp this past weekend on a tryout.
As a senior in 2010, Auffray had four receptions for 34 yards and scored his first career touchdown on a 12-yard catch against Towson in his final home game at Cowell Stadium on Nov. 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use