Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today
Southern Maine (37-7) won the Little East Conference tournament title and are the top seed in the tournament. Daniel Webster is seeded eighth.
Plymouth State University: Three members of the baseball team, senior outfielder Steve Beard, senior pitcher Rew Wilson and junior shortstop Brandon Cox of Nashua, were named to the All-Little East Conference second team for the Panthers.
Daniel Webster College: Michael Diffily, president of the college, announced Tuesday the appointment of Chris Gilmore as director of athletics. Gilmore spent 18 years as director of athletics at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Vt.
Gilmore is a graduate of Plymouth State University and later earned a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University.
Kyle Auffray, a tight end and punter for the University of New Hampshire from 2008-10, signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He participated in the Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp this past weekend on a tryout.
As a senior in 2010, Auffray had four receptions for 34 yards and scored his first career touchdown on a 12-yard catch against Towson in his final home game at Cowell Stadium on Nov. 20.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos