Home » Sports » College Sports
NH College Roundup: DWC baseball team begins NCAAs today
Southern Maine (37-7) won the Little East Conference tournament title and are the top seed in the tournament. Daniel Webster is seeded eighth.
Plymouth State University: Three members of the baseball team, senior outfielder Steve Beard, senior pitcher Rew Wilson and junior shortstop Brandon Cox of Nashua, were named to the All-Little East Conference second team for the Panthers.
Daniel Webster College: Michael Diffily, president of the college, announced Tuesday the appointment of Chris Gilmore as director of athletics. Gilmore spent 18 years as director of athletics at Green Mountain College in Poultney, Vt.
Gilmore is a graduate of Plymouth State University and later earned a master’s degree from Eastern Illinois University.
Kyle Auffray, a tight end and punter for the University of New Hampshire from 2008-10, signed a free agent contract with the Arizona Cardinals. He participated in the Cardinals’ rookie mini-camp this past weekend on a tryout.
As a senior in 2010, Auffray had four receptions for 34 yards and scored his first career touchdown on a 12-yard catch against Towson in his final home game at Cowell Stadium on Nov. 20.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 39
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false