NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown
Jim O’Brien and Matt Milne each tallied three goals for Derryfield (13-0). Hollis/Brookline (10-1) received two goals from Ryan Papineau.
West 15, Monadnock 4: At Manchester, Ryan Askham had a huge day for the Blue Knights, scoring five goals with five assists and winning 17 of 21 faceoffs. Joe Clement had six goals, while Zach Ziemba racked up seven assists. Talia Cote made eight saves for West (4-8). Dylan Lane scored two goals for the Huskies (6-5).
Bishop Guertin 14, Bedford 13: At Bedford, Callie Santos and Nicole Pettiglio scored five goals apiece in a battle of playoff-bound Division I teams. Playmaker Caley Prunier recorded four assists, and BG goalie Lauren Trepaney made 12 saves. Averi Fahat picked up seven ground balls, and Carley Caveny had three draw controls for the Cardinals (8-3). Bedford also moved to 8-3.
Pinkerton 4, Manchester Memorial 3 (10 innings): Pinkerton scored the go-ahead run on a two-out RBI single by Matt Marchman that scored Riley Cahill in the top of the 10th inning.
Tom Diskin, Ryan Day and Marchman led the Pinkerton offense with two hits apiece. Ethan Pollock lead the Crusader offense with two hits.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Railway company proposing Montreal to Portland service through northern NH - 19
- Exeter theater group suspends campaign to save Ioka - 0
- Stained-glass windows get new look at Tucker Free Library in Henniker - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice