NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown
Jim O’Brien and Matt Milne each tallied three goals for Derryfield (13-0). Hollis/Brookline (10-1) received two goals from Ryan Papineau.
West 15, Monadnock 4: At Manchester, Ryan Askham had a huge day for the Blue Knights, scoring five goals with five assists and winning 17 of 21 faceoffs. Joe Clement had six goals, while Zach Ziemba racked up seven assists. Talia Cote made eight saves for West (4-8). Dylan Lane scored two goals for the Huskies (6-5).
Bishop Guertin 14, Bedford 13: At Bedford, Callie Santos and Nicole Pettiglio scored five goals apiece in a battle of playoff-bound Division I teams. Playmaker Caley Prunier recorded four assists, and BG goalie Lauren Trepaney made 12 saves. Averi Fahat picked up seven ground balls, and Carley Caveny had three draw controls for the Cardinals (8-3). Bedford also moved to 8-3.
Pinkerton 4, Manchester Memorial 3 (10 innings): Pinkerton scored the go-ahead run on a two-out RBI single by Matt Marchman that scored Riley Cahill in the top of the 10th inning.
Tom Diskin, Ryan Day and Marchman led the Pinkerton offense with two hits apiece. Ethan Pollock lead the Crusader offense with two hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 1
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Nashua survey reveals class sizes as major issue - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council