NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown
Jim O’Brien and Matt Milne each tallied three goals for Derryfield (13-0). Hollis/Brookline (10-1) received two goals from Ryan Papineau.
West 15, Monadnock 4: At Manchester, Ryan Askham had a huge day for the Blue Knights, scoring five goals with five assists and winning 17 of 21 faceoffs. Joe Clement had six goals, while Zach Ziemba racked up seven assists. Talia Cote made eight saves for West (4-8). Dylan Lane scored two goals for the Huskies (6-5).
Bishop Guertin 14, Bedford 13: At Bedford, Callie Santos and Nicole Pettiglio scored five goals apiece in a battle of playoff-bound Division I teams. Playmaker Caley Prunier recorded four assists, and BG goalie Lauren Trepaney made 12 saves. Averi Fahat picked up seven ground balls, and Carley Caveny had three draw controls for the Cardinals (8-3). Bedford also moved to 8-3.
Pinkerton 4, Manchester Memorial 3 (10 innings): Pinkerton scored the go-ahead run on a two-out RBI single by Matt Marchman that scored Riley Cahill in the top of the 10th inning.
Tom Diskin, Ryan Day and Marchman led the Pinkerton offense with two hits apiece. Ethan Pollock lead the Crusader offense with two hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use