NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown
Jim O’Brien and Matt Milne each tallied three goals for Derryfield (13-0). Hollis/Brookline (10-1) received two goals from Ryan Papineau.
West 15, Monadnock 4: At Manchester, Ryan Askham had a huge day for the Blue Knights, scoring five goals with five assists and winning 17 of 21 faceoffs. Joe Clement had six goals, while Zach Ziemba racked up seven assists. Talia Cote made eight saves for West (4-8). Dylan Lane scored two goals for the Huskies (6-5).
Bishop Guertin 14, Bedford 13: At Bedford, Callie Santos and Nicole Pettiglio scored five goals apiece in a battle of playoff-bound Division I teams. Playmaker Caley Prunier recorded four assists, and BG goalie Lauren Trepaney made 12 saves. Averi Fahat picked up seven ground balls, and Carley Caveny had three draw controls for the Cardinals (8-3). Bedford also moved to 8-3.
Pinkerton 4, Manchester Memorial 3 (10 innings): Pinkerton scored the go-ahead run on a two-out RBI single by Matt Marchman that scored Riley Cahill in the top of the 10th inning.
Tom Diskin, Ryan Day and Marchman led the Pinkerton offense with two hits apiece. Ethan Pollock lead the Crusader offense with two hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan