NHIAA Roundup: Derryfield wins Division III lacrosse showdown
Jim O’Brien and Matt Milne each tallied three goals for Derryfield (13-0). Hollis/Brookline (10-1) received two goals from Ryan Papineau.
West 15, Monadnock 4: At Manchester, Ryan Askham had a huge day for the Blue Knights, scoring five goals with five assists and winning 17 of 21 faceoffs. Joe Clement had six goals, while Zach Ziemba racked up seven assists. Talia Cote made eight saves for West (4-8). Dylan Lane scored two goals for the Huskies (6-5).
Bishop Guertin 14, Bedford 13: At Bedford, Callie Santos and Nicole Pettiglio scored five goals apiece in a battle of playoff-bound Division I teams. Playmaker Caley Prunier recorded four assists, and BG goalie Lauren Trepaney made 12 saves. Averi Fahat picked up seven ground balls, and Carley Caveny had three draw controls for the Cardinals (8-3). Bedford also moved to 8-3.
Pinkerton 4, Manchester Memorial 3 (10 innings): Pinkerton scored the go-ahead run on a two-out RBI single by Matt Marchman that scored Riley Cahill in the top of the 10th inning.
Tom Diskin, Ryan Day and Marchman led the Pinkerton offense with two hits apiece. Ethan Pollock lead the Crusader offense with two hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
- I-293: A plan to make it better through Manchester - 4
- Dover’s winter parking ban begins Dec. 1 - 0
- Rockingham Road to reopen Wednesday - 0
- Manchester’s winter parking ban goes into effect Dec. 1 - 0
- Public gets look at new Sarah Long bridge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 1
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 3
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans