Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Derry man sentenced for assault, threatening
Joseph Greenquist, 25, pleaded guilty to second-degree assault, criminal threatening and being a felon in possession of a weapon as part of a negotiated plea deal with county prosecutors.
Derry police arrested Greenquist on the night of July 29 after his girlfriend fled from her Everett Street apartment and reported the assault.
He propped a chair against the door to keep her from getting out.
He then started “pulling the trigger and working the action of a shotgun while positioned outside of a closet so that (she) could hear the weapon while trapped inside,” prosecutors said. Greenquist has been in county jail for 291 days, which will count toward his state prison sentence. He was indicted on two counts of criminal threatening, six counts of simple assault and charges of false imprisonment, second-degree assault and being a felon in possession of a weapon.
Greenquist could have faced up to 20 years behind bars and a $4,000 fine had he been convicted by a jury.
Greenquist was barred from having a weapon because of a 2006 burglary conviction in Strafford County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 3
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal