Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Derry man sentenced for assault, threatening
Joseph Greenquist, 25, pleaded guilty to second-degree assault, criminal threatening and being a felon in possession of a weapon as part of a negotiated plea deal with county prosecutors.
Derry police arrested Greenquist on the night of July 29 after his girlfriend fled from her Everett Street apartment and reported the assault.
He propped a chair against the door to keep her from getting out.
He then started “pulling the trigger and working the action of a shotgun while positioned outside of a closet so that (she) could hear the weapon while trapped inside,” prosecutors said. Greenquist has been in county jail for 291 days, which will count toward his state prison sentence. He was indicted on two counts of criminal threatening, six counts of simple assault and charges of false imprisonment, second-degree assault and being a felon in possession of a weapon.
Greenquist could have faced up to 20 years behind bars and a $4,000 fine had he been convicted by a jury.
Greenquist was barred from having a weapon because of a 2006 burglary conviction in Strafford County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424