Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Wife says Manchester police officer husband body slammed her
Assistant County Attorney Patricia Conway said during opening statements that an argument at the couple’s Raymond home quickly grew physical when Linstad put his wife in a bear hug from behind and slammed her to the ground.
The alleged attack happened in front of the couple’s 5-year-old son. Linstad then warned his wife not to call the police, according to prosecutors.
Melinda Linstad testified that days before the assault, her husband sent her a text message at work to say that he wasn’t happy. That prompted her to go home, where her husband told her that he didn’t love her anymore, according to her testimony.
“He called them turds — girls from the club who would send naked pictures of themselves and he would send pictures back,” she told jurors.
Melinda Linstad testified that despite the problems, she wanted to save her marriage and sought counseling.
Melinda Linstad testified she retired seven months earlier as a cheerleader for the New England Patriots, and eventually took a part-time accounts payable job to support the family.
Wilson questioned Melinda Linstad’s claims about whether she was truly afraid of her husband. He told jurors that right after the alleged assault she called her mother, but then asked her husband to join her downstairs to review some bills together on the computer.
“(She said) ‘You ruined my life and I am going to ruin yours.’ And here we are,” Wilson told the jury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424