action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

May 14. 2013 11:23AM

Dover pizza restaurant damaged in fire


Although a fire caused internal damage to Roger's Restaurant & Pizza early in Dover Tuesday morning, the exterior of the long-time landmark escaped harm. (John Quinn/Union Leader Correspondent)

DOVER - An accidental duct fire caused about $40,000 in damage to Roger's Restaurant & Pizza early Tuesday morning, according to assistant fire chief James Ormond.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:18 a.m. for a report of a fire in the duct system at 869 Central Ave. Workers were cleaning the ductwork at the time, according to Ormond, who said the fire didn't spread far because a worker used a hand-held extinguisher and the sprinkler system activated. That contained the fire until firefighters arrived, Ormond said.

Firefighters from Somersworth responded to the scene to assist Dover firefighters. Firefighters from Rochester, Rollinsford and Berwick, Maine, provided station coverage.

Ormond said firefighters were at the scene for about 90 minutes. He said the fire damaged some of the structure and contents inside the restaurant. It was not clear Tuesday morning when the restaurant would reopen.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events