All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In



Although a fire caused internal damage to Roger's Restaurant & Pizza early in Dover Tuesday morning, the exterior of the long-time landmark escaped harm. (John Quinn/Union Leader Correspondent)

Dover pizza restaurant damaged in fire

DOVER - An accidental duct fire caused about $40,000 in damage to Roger's Restaurant & Pizza early Tuesday morning, according to assistant fire chief James Ormond.

Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:18 a.m. for a report of a fire in the duct system at 869 Central Ave. Workers were cleaning the ductwork at the time, according to Ormond, who said the fire didn't spread far because a worker used a hand-held extinguisher and the sprinkler system activated. That contained the fire until firefighters arrived, Ormond said.

Firefighters from Somersworth responded to the scene to assist Dover firefighters. Firefighters from Rochester, Rollinsford and Berwick, Maine, provided station coverage.

Ormond said firefighters were at the scene for about 90 minutes. He said the fire damaged some of the structure and contents inside the restaurant. It was not clear Tuesday morning when the restaurant would reopen.


action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:

        

FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety


NH Angle - Public Safety