Dover pizza restaurant damaged in fire
Although a fire caused internal damage to Roger's Restaurant & Pizza early in Dover Tuesday morning, the exterior of the long-time landmark escaped harm. (John Quinn/Union Leader Correspondent)
DOVER - An accidental duct fire caused about $40,000 in damage to Roger's Restaurant & Pizza early Tuesday morning, according to assistant fire chief James Ormond.
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:18 a.m. for a report of a fire in the duct system at 869 Central Ave. Workers were cleaning the ductwork at the time, according to Ormond, who said the fire didn't spread far because a worker used a hand-held extinguisher and the sprinkler system activated. That contained the fire until firefighters arrived, Ormond said.
Firefighters from Somersworth responded to the scene to assist Dover firefighters. Firefighters from Rochester, Rollinsford and Berwick, Maine, provided station coverage.
Ormond said firefighters were at the scene for about 90 minutes. He said the fire damaged some of the structure and contents inside the restaurant. It was not clear Tuesday morning when the restaurant would reopen.
Fremont police fight lawsuit over rape case
Win tickets to see Godsmack
NH crews back from Calif. wildfires
Clinton: Rubio more offensive than Trump
Moviegoers surprised by search of bags
Trump rally draws hundreds in Hampton
portsmouth-Dog, rescued from hot car, is abandoned at shelter; police ask for help in finding owner-20150818
NH communities debate aging infrastructure