Portsmouth's Memorial Bridge to get lights this summer after fundraiser
PORTSMOUTH — There will be lights on the Memorial Bridge when the project is completed this summer.
On Friday, the Memorial Bridge Illumination Committee announced it had reached its initial $150,000 fundraising goal, which will permit for energy-saving LEDs to light the memorial plaque and color-changeable LEDs to light the pier footings and illuminate the tower.
The committee is hoping to reach it’s final fundraising goal of $200,000 soon, which will allow for lighting for the center lift span with color-changeable LEDs.
On May 15 at 7 p.m., the committee will hold a public information event at the Portsmouth Public Library to update the public on the project and answer any questions.
More than 95 individuals and 28 businesses and organizations have already pledged or donated to the project.
The new Memorial Bridge is scheduled to open in July.
More information is available at PortsmouthBridges.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.