Home » News » Public Safety
Berlin prison filling up, slowly
The prison is using the city’s water and sewer, and when fully up and running, is expected to pay around $1.4 million a year for those services. That cash flow will help the city pay its amortization schedule, as it continues to upgrade those systems, officials have said.
“The CRB provides a means for mutual communications and support between FCI Berlin and the local community,” Nichols said.
Meanwhile, the state’s Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility, which opened in 2000, houses about 630 inmates. The facility was built for 500 medium-security inmates.
“It’s been talked about a number of times,” he said recently. “The resources haven’t been there.”
District 1 state Sen. Jeff Woodburn said that officials were concerned about female inmates being too far from their families.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 10
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072