Home » News » Public Safety
Man faces drug charges?after hitting car outside mall
MERRIMACK - An Amherst driver is facing numerous charges after police said he hit a car in the Premium Outlet Mall parking lot and then speeded off, accelerating to 60 mph as he passed an officer while still on mall property.
John Kelekci, 30, of 10 Fox Run Road, is charged with conduct after an accident, reckless driving, criminal mischief, possession of a narcotic drug, possession of a narcotic drug in a motor vehicle, possession of a narcotic drug with intent to distribute, and two counts of possession of prescription drugs without a prescription.
The incident happened about 7:25 p.m. Saturday.
Police said they were called after one car hit another one in the mall's parking lot. The driver fled in his vehicle, damaging the lawn and accelerating to 60 mph while still on mall property and passing a responding police cruiser, police said.
Other officers stopped the car on Industrial Drive and arrested the driver, identified by police as Kelekci. He was brought to the police station where police said he was found in possession of prescription drugs.
Kelekci posted $5,000 cash bail and was ordered to appear May 16 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Community groups profit from race week
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man