Home » News » Public Safety
Man faces drug charges?after hitting car outside mall
MERRIMACK - An Amherst driver is facing numerous charges after police said he hit a car in the Premium Outlet Mall parking lot and then speeded off, accelerating to 60 mph as he passed an officer while still on mall property.
John Kelekci, 30, of 10 Fox Run Road, is charged with conduct after an accident, reckless driving, criminal mischief, possession of a narcotic drug, possession of a narcotic drug in a motor vehicle, possession of a narcotic drug with intent to distribute, and two counts of possession of prescription drugs without a prescription.
The incident happened about 7:25 p.m. Saturday.
Police said they were called after one car hit another one in the mall's parking lot. The driver fled in his vehicle, damaging the lawn and accelerating to 60 mph while still on mall property and passing a responding police cruiser, police said.
Other officers stopped the car on Industrial Drive and arrested the driver, identified by police as Kelekci. He was brought to the police station where police said he was found in possession of prescription drugs.
Kelekci posted $5,000 cash bail and was ordered to appear May 16 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 1
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'