Home » News » Public Safety
Man faces drug charges?after hitting car outside mall
MERRIMACK - An Amherst driver is facing numerous charges after police said he hit a car in the Premium Outlet Mall parking lot and then speeded off, accelerating to 60 mph as he passed an officer while still on mall property.
John Kelekci, 30, of 10 Fox Run Road, is charged with conduct after an accident, reckless driving, criminal mischief, possession of a narcotic drug, possession of a narcotic drug in a motor vehicle, possession of a narcotic drug with intent to distribute, and two counts of possession of prescription drugs without a prescription.
The incident happened about 7:25 p.m. Saturday.
Police said they were called after one car hit another one in the mall's parking lot. The driver fled in his vehicle, damaging the lawn and accelerating to 60 mph while still on mall property and passing a responding police cruiser, police said.
Other officers stopped the car on Industrial Drive and arrested the driver, identified by police as Kelekci. He was brought to the police station where police said he was found in possession of prescription drugs.
Kelekci posted $5,000 cash bail and was ordered to appear May 16 in 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Motorcyclist, passenger seriously hurt in Derry crash - 0
- I-93 driver clocked at 120 mph, charged with transporting drugs - 0
- Executive Council to consider raising dollar threshold for contracts - 0
- West Lebanon man accused of secretly recording child - 0
- Prosecutors seek to block documents from advisor's fraud trial - 0
- Former EMT receives probation for theft of fentanyl - 0
- Week of NH debates kicks off - 0
DWI License Revocations
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
'Gronk' gets OK for Pats' opener
Amnesty? Garcia is against it