Manchester’s assistant superintendent to leave
Assistant Superintendent Michael Tursi, who oversees curriculum and instruction in the district, announced in an email Friday that he will leave the Manchester district by July 1 to become a superintendent elsewhere.
Tursi’s departure comes as Superintendent Thomas Brennan prepares to leave at the end of June.
The first search yielded three finalists for the post, but after interviews the board decided to begin the search again. The second search has the goal of selecting Brennan’s successor by June 8.
“I would find it very, very difficult for a new person not familiar with Manchester and our district to be able to come in and take over and do what they have to do with the number two man gone and being new to the district,” Gelinas said. “With our assistant superintendent leaving, it places us in a position where we have to ask ourselves quite a few more questions about what direction we have to take.”
The first search is believed to have included at least one school district employee.
Burkush is in charge of student services in the district.
Some committee members preferred to let a new superintendent make a decision on assistants. But the existing agreements provided that contracts were automatically renewed if no new contract was offered by Jan. 1 and the board did not send the three notices that they were not renewed.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383