Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Four NH teen killers to get day in court on sentences
5/19/97--Robert Dingman leaves Strafford County Superior Court in Dover, N.H., at the end of the sixth day of his first-degree murder trail. Dingham is charged with shooting his parents to death when they came home from work . AP/Jim Cole
JAMES COOK/UNION LEADER 2/14/08 ¬ ¬ Michael Soto, seen here with defense attorney Ghazi D. Al-Marayati, is arraigned yesterday at Manchester District Court on Accomplice to First Degree Murder Charges.
Attorneys for convicted first-degree murderers Robert Tulloch, 30, Robert Dingman, 34, Michael Soto, 23, and Eduardo Lopez Jr., 39, maintain their clients are entitled to retroactive relief, even though their clients' convictions were final.
The state disputes that claim.
Whether Miller applies retroactively to the four cases will be the sole issue argued in Merrimack County Superior Court in Concord Tuesday morning. Tulloch waived his appearance at the hearing, the court's clerk said last week. It was not known last week if the other three defendants intend to appear.
Soto, 23, was convicted of accomplice to first-degree murder in the 2007 shooting death of Aaron Kar in Manchester.
To date, just one juvenile killer was deemed eligible for resentencing in New Hampshire under Miller v. Alabama. Steven Spader, 21, had his resentencing hearing held April 22. He waived his right to appear at the hearing and was sentenced in absentia. He received the same sentence — life without parole plus 76 years — that he did when originally convicted at trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Littleton police searching for man who attempted to rob gas station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 5
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
- Ayotte tours Dover camping gear firm - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424