Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Four NH teen killers to get day in court on sentences
5/19/97--Robert Dingman leaves Strafford County Superior Court in Dover, N.H., at the end of the sixth day of his first-degree murder trail. Dingham is charged with shooting his parents to death when they came home from work . AP/Jim Cole
JAMES COOK/UNION LEADER 2/14/08 ¬ ¬ Michael Soto, seen here with defense attorney Ghazi D. Al-Marayati, is arraigned yesterday at Manchester District Court on Accomplice to First Degree Murder Charges.
Attorneys for convicted first-degree murderers Robert Tulloch, 30, Robert Dingman, 34, Michael Soto, 23, and Eduardo Lopez Jr., 39, maintain their clients are entitled to retroactive relief, even though their clients' convictions were final.
The state disputes that claim.
Whether Miller applies retroactively to the four cases will be the sole issue argued in Merrimack County Superior Court in Concord Tuesday morning. Tulloch waived his appearance at the hearing, the court's clerk said last week. It was not known last week if the other three defendants intend to appear.
Soto, 23, was convicted of accomplice to first-degree murder in the 2007 shooting death of Aaron Kar in Manchester.
To date, just one juvenile killer was deemed eligible for resentencing in New Hampshire under Miller v. Alabama. Steven Spader, 21, had his resentencing hearing held April 22. He waived his right to appear at the hearing and was sentenced in absentia. He received the same sentence — life without parole plus 76 years — that he did when originally convicted at trial.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'