Free Fishing Day scheduled for June 1
CONCORD — A "free fishing" day will be held statewide June 1. Anyone will be allowed to fish nearly anywhere without a license, according to the state Fish and Game Department.
In addition to license-free fishing, the state's six fish hatcheries will be open to visitors from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on June 1, according to a Fish and Game release.
"Free Fishing Day is a great chance to get out for a relaxing day in the outdoors, take a buddy fishing and stop off for a fun visit to a fish hatchery along the way," Jason Smith, inland fisheries division director for Fish and Game, said in the statement.
While no licenses are required to fish, "season dates, bag limits and all other fishing regulations must be followed on Free Fishing Day," the release said.
More information is available at wildlife.state.nh.us/pub/fishing.html.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.