Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Foliage
Fixing the dam
Dam repairs halt fishing for Pittsburg’s Scotts Bog
Judd, who’s been everything from Pittsburg’s road agent, town selectman and a Coos County commissioner, to a North Country hunting and fishing guide, is about as close to a far north Granite State landmark himself as a person can be.
The pond’s water will be drawn down, Scotts won’t be stocked with fingerlings for a change, and the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services Dam Bureau staff expects to have a crew repair the concrete dam by fall.
Judd said Saturday the spot is indeed a popular fishing site for those who know it, including himself, and he’d rather it was stocked and remained open this summer. If there was some runoff as a result of a leaky dam, that wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world either, he added.
Last week, DES officials issued a public notice.
“Anglers should note that all fish stocking for this pond has been cancelled for this season. Stocking activities at Scotts Bog will be re-initiated next year, following the completion of the dam reconstruction project,” the release stated.
Carol Henderson, a Department of Environmental Services coordinator, said Friday it had been at least that long since the state started stocking the pond with young trout.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford homeowners make use of renewable energy - 0
- Festival of Trees lights up Exeter - 0
- Peterborough volunteers to revive Handel's Messiah - 0
- Plymouth readies for holiday fun - 0
- Windham getting in the spirit with tree-lighting festivities - 0
- Slopeside: Simply, unspoiled skiing at Cannon - 0
- 'Big Brother' stars visit NH Toys for Tots fundraisers - 1
- 'Christmas Carol' a rite of passage for community theater world - 0
- Christmas chuckles served up at Queen City campus dining hall - 0
Parade, Santa heading to city
Rex Fowler's Nutopians spotlight tunes by Beatles great John Lennon in Plymouth concert Friday
Festival of Trees lights up Exeter
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
What's open / what's closed on Thanksgiving
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Obama talks of remaining agenda