Home » News » Politics » Gate City Musings
North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island - 0
- Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser - 0
- Copper stolen from old Salem school - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Special nongame appeal to benefit terns research - 0
- Parade, Santa heading to city - 0
- Bedford homeowners make use of renewable energy - 0
- Festival of Trees lights up Exeter - 0
- Peterborough volunteers to revive Handel's Messiah - 0
- Plymouth readies for holiday fun - 0
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Win tickets to see Monster Jam
Bedford Village Inn plans to add new hotel
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans