North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Early summer rental benefit as winter takes its toll - 0
- Susan Dromey's Down to Earth: The winter of our fashion faux pas - 0
- Deb Baker's The Mindful Reader: 'The Half Brother': complex, thoughtful - 0
- Forest Journal: Winners & losers: Keeping score of wildlife in winter - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Ice fishing great under right conditions - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Thrush sighting brings rush of excitement - 0
- Win tickets to see Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo - 0
- Win tickets to see Black Label Society - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
Harrigan closes up camp
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Judge: State wrong to round blood-alcohol level; license of teen charged with hitting women restored
Donna Powers: NH needs casinos