Home » News » Politics » Gate City Musings
North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford homeowners make use of renewable energy - 0
- Festival of Trees lights up Exeter - 0
- Peterborough volunteers to revive Handel's Messiah - 0
- Plymouth readies for holiday fun - 0
- Windham getting in the spirit with tree-lighting festivities - 0
- Slopeside: Simply, unspoiled skiing at Cannon - 0
- 'Big Brother' stars visit NH Toys for Tots fundraisers - 1
- 'Christmas Carol' a rite of passage for community theater world - 0
- Christmas chuckles served up at Queen City campus dining hall - 0
Rex Fowler's Nutopians spotlight tunes by Beatles great John Lennon in Plymouth concert Friday
Parade, Santa heading to city
Festival of Trees lights up Exeter
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Obama talks of remaining agenda
Dingman granted conditional parole
Conn. man charged in hit and run