North Country bird walk will celebrate International Migratory Bird Day Saturday
People of all ages are welcome, according to state wildlife officials.
“Last year we heard Parula warblers, chestnut-sided warblers, hermit thrush, Louisiana water thrush, rose-breasted grosbeaks, and chipping sparrows,” Rowse said.
The theme details all aspects of a migratory bird’s life, from nesting and migration to breeding and raising young. Most importantly, it addresses the need for conservation throughout the life cycle.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Climbing to new heights in North Country tourism - 0
- NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide - 2
- Miss New Hampshire determined to bring home national crown - 0
- John Harrigan's Woods, Water & Wildlife: NH is eyeing Maine's bear hunting referendum - 0
- Food Bank director gets national honor - 0
- Checking out the classic rides at Cruising Downtown classic car show in Manchester - 0
- Seacoast stretching its tourist dollars - 0
- River of inspiration: The Merrimack drew Thoreau 175 years ago as it draws us today - 0
- Families First in Portsmouth offers parenting classes - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Amnesty? Garcia is against it
George Will: Paul Ryan's way forward