Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: YWCA gives us hope in the toughest situations
Looking back at last week's horrific discovery of the three kidnapped women in Ohio, I realized how correct she was.
As difficult as it is being a parent, I wouldn't take a million dollars to be a teenager again. Being a teenager is hard; being a responsible teenager in our world of excess and social media is even harder, and overcoming personal obstacles to stand out among one's peers is nearly impossible.
McMillan, a West High student, was chosen as the Queen City's representative after an extensive essay competition and interview process. He and the eight other finalists will compete to become the Granite State's Boys & Girls Club Youth of Year during a day-long event this Thursday.
You should always wear your seat belt, but especially today. To promote Buckle Up NH Week, NH Motor Speedway, the Manchester Police Department and 96.5 The MILL will be giving out pairs of NASCAR tickets to random drivers who are wearing their seat belts. If you are driving near the intersection of Elm Street and Lake Avenue between noon and 2 p.m. today, be sure to buckle up and slow down. You're hoping to get NASCAR tickets, not the speeding kind.
You can paint a beautiful picture of Boston's Zakim Bridge and the city's skyline during a fundraiser for the Boston Marathon bombing victims Tuesday night. The 6 p.m. fundraiser by The Canvas Roadshow, which will help you paint your masterpiece, will be held at Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse in Bedford.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A few 'ouches' aside, week went pretty well - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On lice and why Marie Antoinette lost head - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Weighty matters during wait at the DMV - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Frustrations aside, my thanks, plow guys - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Any meaning to groundhog predictions? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Glad to get emails; well, one of 'em, anyway - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Strange stories? This one takes the cake - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Havenstein announces for Republican nomination in governor's race - 14
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- UPDATE: Penacook woman injured in morning I-93 Londonderry crash - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'