Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: YWCA gives us hope in the toughest situations
Looking back at last week's horrific discovery of the three kidnapped women in Ohio, I realized how correct she was.
As difficult as it is being a parent, I wouldn't take a million dollars to be a teenager again. Being a teenager is hard; being a responsible teenager in our world of excess and social media is even harder, and overcoming personal obstacles to stand out among one's peers is nearly impossible.
McMillan, a West High student, was chosen as the Queen City's representative after an extensive essay competition and interview process. He and the eight other finalists will compete to become the Granite State's Boys & Girls Club Youth of Year during a day-long event this Thursday.
You should always wear your seat belt, but especially today. To promote Buckle Up NH Week, NH Motor Speedway, the Manchester Police Department and 96.5 The MILL will be giving out pairs of NASCAR tickets to random drivers who are wearing their seat belts. If you are driving near the intersection of Elm Street and Lake Avenue between noon and 2 p.m. today, be sure to buckle up and slow down. You're hoping to get NASCAR tickets, not the speeding kind.
You can paint a beautiful picture of Boston's Zakim Bridge and the city's skyline during a fundraiser for the Boston Marathon bombing victims Tuesday night. The 6 p.m. fundraiser by The Canvas Roadshow, which will help you paint your masterpiece, will be held at Shorty's Mexican Roadhouse in Bedford.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Clifford D. May: Pinpointing the cause and effect in Gaza - 0
- You Turn, NH -- Suellen Griffin: There is first aid for mental health, too, and it works - 1
- Pat Buchanan: We are transforming into the Brazil of North America - 2
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Before your dog takes a dip in fresh water, learn about toxic algae risks - 0
- Another View -- Yehuda Yaakov: What Israel is up against - 7
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Scaremongering is the left's hobby - 2
- Another View -- Steve Stanek: Impact fees for new homes actually raise property taxes - 6
- John Stossel: Who will build the roads? - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attacking Israel with the big lie -- genocide - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 1
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 1
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Police say boy, 6, found in getaway car
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover