Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
On to Game 7
Bruins’ scoring woes continue; series finale tonight
The best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinal is now tied 3-3.
The winner of the series moves on to play either the Washington Capitals or New York Rangers, who play Game 7 of their series tonight in Washington.
Kessel made it 2-0 at 8:59 of the third when he picked up the rebound off a Cody Franson point shot, which Rask had trouble with, and backhanded it in for his third goal of the playoffs.
Sunday was Toronto’s first home playoff win since April 30, 2004. It was Boston’s first road playoff loss in Toronto since 1959.
Moments later, Johnny Boychuk’s wrist shot from the point beat Reimer, but hit the post.
Both teams played a tentative first period with the Bruins outshooting Toronto 8-7. The Bruins had two opportunities with the man advantage, but mustered just a single shot on goal.
Notes: Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference did not make the trip to Toronto and is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. ... Boston blue liner Wade Redden returned to the lineup Sunday after missing Game 5 with an undisclosed injury.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 8
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 1
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice