Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
On to Game 7
Bruins’ scoring woes continue; series finale tonight
The best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinal is now tied 3-3.
The winner of the series moves on to play either the Washington Capitals or New York Rangers, who play Game 7 of their series tonight in Washington.
Kessel made it 2-0 at 8:59 of the third when he picked up the rebound off a Cody Franson point shot, which Rask had trouble with, and backhanded it in for his third goal of the playoffs.
Sunday was Toronto’s first home playoff win since April 30, 2004. It was Boston’s first road playoff loss in Toronto since 1959.
Moments later, Johnny Boychuk’s wrist shot from the point beat Reimer, but hit the post.
Both teams played a tentative first period with the Bruins outshooting Toronto 8-7. The Bruins had two opportunities with the man advantage, but mustered just a single shot on goal.
Notes: Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference did not make the trip to Toronto and is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. ... Boston blue liner Wade Redden returned to the lineup Sunday after missing Game 5 with an undisclosed injury.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 32
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings