Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
On to Game 7
Bruins’ scoring woes continue; series finale tonight
The best-of-seven Eastern Conference quarterfinal is now tied 3-3.
The winner of the series moves on to play either the Washington Capitals or New York Rangers, who play Game 7 of their series tonight in Washington.
Kessel made it 2-0 at 8:59 of the third when he picked up the rebound off a Cody Franson point shot, which Rask had trouble with, and backhanded it in for his third goal of the playoffs.
Sunday was Toronto’s first home playoff win since April 30, 2004. It was Boston’s first road playoff loss in Toronto since 1959.
Moments later, Johnny Boychuk’s wrist shot from the point beat Reimer, but hit the post.
Both teams played a tentative first period with the Bruins outshooting Toronto 8-7. The Bruins had two opportunities with the man advantage, but mustered just a single shot on goal.
Notes: Bruins defenseman Andrew Ference did not make the trip to Toronto and is listed as day-to-day with an undisclosed injury. ... Boston blue liner Wade Redden returned to the lineup Sunday after missing Game 5 with an undisclosed injury.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan