Home » Opinion » Editorials
It is Mother's Day: Hail the hand that rocks the cradle
"What did you think?" asks an indignant Bond.
Today is Mother's Day, and there is not man, boy, nor girl who doesn't owe their mom eternal thanks for bringing them into the world.
The Bible, which your mother may have attempted to introduce you to at some point, teaches that Jesus was devoted above all to his mother, Mary. A pretty good example to follow, don't you think?
There is much that is wrong and, yes, evil in this world. Which is even more reason to honor motherhood and to salute and appreciate the vital role that it plays in society.
Indeed, whatever we can do as a society and as individuals to protect and value the role of mother as anchor and protector of the family, the better off society will be.
Meanwhile, give your own mom a hug.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
- New vicar general appointed to the Diocese of New England - 0
- Dover's St. Mary Academy gears up for annual auction, ugly sweater party - 0
- Our Corner Store in Whitefield to hold bag sale - 0
- St. Pat's announces Shoot for the Stars auction - 0
- Manchester church names music director - 0
- Catholics from NH and around world watching Vatican synod - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood