Home » Opinion » Editorials
It is Mother's Day: Hail the hand that rocks the cradle
"What did you think?" asks an indignant Bond.
Today is Mother's Day, and there is not man, boy, nor girl who doesn't owe their mom eternal thanks for bringing them into the world.
The Bible, which your mother may have attempted to introduce you to at some point, teaches that Jesus was devoted above all to his mother, Mary. A pretty good example to follow, don't you think?
There is much that is wrong and, yes, evil in this world. Which is even more reason to honor motherhood and to salute and appreciate the vital role that it plays in society.
Indeed, whatever we can do as a society and as individuals to protect and value the role of mother as anchor and protector of the family, the better off society will be.
Meanwhile, give your own mom a hug.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two leaders for Senate; Foley in 19, Kenda in 24 - 2
- James Foley; Truth teller - 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 7
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 7
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 30
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG asked to investigate Hemingway campaign donations after complaint filed by Grantham attorney with Sununu ties - 1
- Former Derry town administrator guilty of indecent exposure - 1
- Meredith man faces arson charge in Landmark Inn fire in Laconia - 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen