Home » Opinion » Editorials
It is Mother's Day: Hail the hand that rocks the cradle
"What did you think?" asks an indignant Bond.
Today is Mother's Day, and there is not man, boy, nor girl who doesn't owe their mom eternal thanks for bringing them into the world.
The Bible, which your mother may have attempted to introduce you to at some point, teaches that Jesus was devoted above all to his mother, Mary. A pretty good example to follow, don't you think?
There is much that is wrong and, yes, evil in this world. Which is even more reason to honor motherhood and to salute and appreciate the vital role that it plays in society.
Indeed, whatever we can do as a society and as individuals to protect and value the role of mother as anchor and protector of the family, the better off society will be.
Meanwhile, give your own mom a hug.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama - 5
- Obama gets smoked: Castros celebrate in Havana - 35
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- After Newtown: A gun rights revival - 38
- Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors - 15
- Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week - 21
- Asking about marriage: The Census should keep doing it - 3
- All lives matter: Even Al Sharpton says so - 14
- Taxi fail: City regulations don't work - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'