Home » Opinion » Editorials
It is Mother's Day: Hail the hand that rocks the cradle
"What did you think?" asks an indignant Bond.
Today is Mother's Day, and there is not man, boy, nor girl who doesn't owe their mom eternal thanks for bringing them into the world.
The Bible, which your mother may have attempted to introduce you to at some point, teaches that Jesus was devoted above all to his mother, Mary. A pretty good example to follow, don't you think?
There is much that is wrong and, yes, evil in this world. Which is even more reason to honor motherhood and to salute and appreciate the vital role that it plays in society.
Indeed, whatever we can do as a society and as individuals to protect and value the role of mother as anchor and protector of the family, the better off society will be.
Meanwhile, give your own mom a hug.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 3
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 2
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
Nashua hero up for Carnegie award
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans