Home » Opinion » Editorials
It is Mother's Day: Hail the hand that rocks the cradle
"What did you think?" asks an indignant Bond.
Today is Mother's Day, and there is not man, boy, nor girl who doesn't owe their mom eternal thanks for bringing them into the world.
The Bible, which your mother may have attempted to introduce you to at some point, teaches that Jesus was devoted above all to his mother, Mary. A pretty good example to follow, don't you think?
There is much that is wrong and, yes, evil in this world. Which is even more reason to honor motherhood and to salute and appreciate the vital role that it plays in society.
Indeed, whatever we can do as a society and as individuals to protect and value the role of mother as anchor and protector of the family, the better off society will be.
Meanwhile, give your own mom a hug.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. trying to secure cease-fire between Israel, Hamas - 0
- Domino's becomes battleground in Hamas cyber onslaught - 0
- Israel says ground offensive under way in Gaza - 0
- U.S. says Malaysian airliner was 'blown out of the sky' - 0
- NH National Guard to conduct annual training in Michigan over three weeks - 0
- Thousands come out in Boscawen to honor Garabrant's sacrifice - 1
- Thousands attend funeral service for Marine in Peterborough - 4
- More than 1,800 people attend calling hours for Marine - 5
- Greenfield family receives body of Garabrant, veterans offer tribute to Marine killed in Afghanistan - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: To keep Libertarians off the ballot, NH violates their rights - 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's counterweight to a strong central government - 0
- Tom Woodlock All-Stars primed for success in Babe Ruth tournament - 0
- Manchester waives right to buy Millyard building - 0
- Police search for missing Stratford woman - 0
- Blue Jays cool off Red Sox - 0
- Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover - 0
- Manchester panel OKs new academic standards, despite Common Core criticism - 0
Passers-by, including two active-duty Army soldiers, help rescue mom, daughter in I-93 rollover
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's
Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law