Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton teen struck by car in Rochester Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 8:50 p.m. after a northbound 2003 Ford Taurus, driven by Dana M. Crickard, 24, of Strafford, struck Michael Fetter, 19, of Middleton, who was riding a skateboard with another skateboarder along Twombly Street.
While the other skateboarder was not injured, paramedics transported Fetter to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Crickard did not sustain any injuries, according to police.
Following a preliminary investigation, police determined neither skateboarder wore reflective clothing at the time of the accident, which occurred on a section of Twombly Street that does not have street lights.
Police continue to investigate the accident, but encourage all pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders to wear reflective clothing while out at night and to avoid using headphones or mobile devices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 0
- AG says Rockingham County attorney probe 'substantially complete' - 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief