Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton teen struck by car in Rochester Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 8:50 p.m. after a northbound 2003 Ford Taurus, driven by Dana M. Crickard, 24, of Strafford, struck Michael Fetter, 19, of Middleton, who was riding a skateboard with another skateboarder along Twombly Street.
While the other skateboarder was not injured, paramedics transported Fetter to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Crickard did not sustain any injuries, according to police.
Following a preliminary investigation, police determined neither skateboarder wore reflective clothing at the time of the accident, which occurred on a section of Twombly Street that does not have street lights.
Police continue to investigate the accident, but encourage all pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders to wear reflective clothing while out at night and to avoid using headphones or mobile devices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 10
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 3
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 8
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof