Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton teen struck by car in Rochester Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 8:50 p.m. after a northbound 2003 Ford Taurus, driven by Dana M. Crickard, 24, of Strafford, struck Michael Fetter, 19, of Middleton, who was riding a skateboard with another skateboarder along Twombly Street.
While the other skateboarder was not injured, paramedics transported Fetter to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Crickard did not sustain any injuries, according to police.
Following a preliminary investigation, police determined neither skateboarder wore reflective clothing at the time of the accident, which occurred on a section of Twombly Street that does not have street lights.
Police continue to investigate the accident, but encourage all pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders to wear reflective clothing while out at night and to avoid using headphones or mobile devices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH