Home » News » Public Safety
Middleton teen struck by car in Rochester Friday
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 8:50 p.m. after a northbound 2003 Ford Taurus, driven by Dana M. Crickard, 24, of Strafford, struck Michael Fetter, 19, of Middleton, who was riding a skateboard with another skateboarder along Twombly Street.
While the other skateboarder was not injured, paramedics transported Fetter to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for non-life threatening injuries. Crickard did not sustain any injuries, according to police.
Following a preliminary investigation, police determined neither skateboarder wore reflective clothing at the time of the accident, which occurred on a section of Twombly Street that does not have street lights.
Police continue to investigate the accident, but encourage all pedestrians, cyclists and skateboarders to wear reflective clothing while out at night and to avoid using headphones or mobile devices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 5
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072